Do I need a visa for Ireland?
CONVENTION TRAVEL DOCUMENTS:
Visas are not required by persons who are holders of Convention travel documents issued by the following countries:
What does the Programme do?
Under the Programme, persons who:
- are nationals of one of the countries below:
- Eastern Europe – Belarus, Montenegro, Russian Federation, Serbia, Turkey and Ukraine
- Middle East – Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates
- Other Asian – India, Kazakhstan, People’s Republic of China, Uzbekistan
- have entered the UK on foot of a UK “C” General visa. Under remarks one of the following should appear:
- “C – visit”
- “C – visit – general”
- “C – visit – business”
- “C – visit – academic”
- “C – visit – sport”
- have been granted leave to remain in the UK for up to 180 days,
- travel to Ireland, within the time remaining on a current leave to remain in the UK, without the requirements to obtain an Irish visa, and
- be granted permission to remain in Ireland up to a maximum of 90 days or the time left on their UK leave to remain, whichever shorter.
Each distinct period of leave to remain in the UK (up to a maximum of 180 days each time) requires a prior legal entry into the UK before travel to Ireland under the Programme, no matter what the duration of the UK visa.