Australia ETA – Tourist Visa for Australia
The Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) was introduced to replace the complicated visa application process previously in place for Australian tourist visas. Once you obtain your unique authorization number, you may enter Australia as a tourist for up to 3 months.
The Australian holiday visa is a multiple entry visa and entitles you to stay up to 3 months on each visit within the 12 months from when your visa is granted. Enjoy your travels in Australia - contact Visa First today and arrange your travel visa the easiest way – using our expert migration agents.
How to Apply for an ETA Tourist Visa
- Complete the short application form.
- Complete the secure online payment.
- After payment, your application will be linked to your passport.
- Your ETA will be confirmed shortly.
What is ETA
The Electronic Travel Authority (or ETA) or Australian Tourist Visa provides a streamlined way to travel to and enter the country.
The ETA benefits foreign citizens travelling to Australia by allowing a swift process that includes no paper application, and no stamps on the passport.
The ETA is available to citizens of a number of eligible countries which have reached an agreement with the Immigrations. To apply for the Australian Tourist Visa you must be outside of the country, and must hold a passport from one of the eligible countries, which you may see below.
As the ETA is electronically linked to your passport, you ought to travel with the passport your visa is issued for. In case of stolen or lost passport, you will have to re-apply for the visa.
Countries Eligible for ETA Tourist Visa to Australia
|Belgium||Hong Kong (SAR)||Malta||South Korea|
|Finland||Liechtenstein||Republic of San Marino||Singapore|
Conditions for ETA
- You are allowed to enter the country unlimited times during the 12 months’ validity period, or until your passport expires.
- You can stay in Australia for a maximum of three months on each visit.
- You do not have employment rights in Australia. Business visitor activities are not restricted – you can handle business enquiries, negotiations, attend conferences, etc.
- You are allowed to study for the period of your visa validity.
- You must be free of tuberculosis.
- You must not have any criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not the sentence/s were served.*
*If you have criminal convictions, you may still be eligible for another Australian visa. Contact Visa First today and you will be assessed, so that our representatives find the most suitable option for a travel visa to Australia.